So you might ask your Oracle Sales, what’s new in this Oracle BI EE version. Majority of the time, they will tell you a few features.
Here’s the site, Cumulative Feature Overview.
The objective of the tool is to help IT plan ahead to its upgrades and whether it is worth it. Obviously, I if you read my post on “OBIEE 18.104.22.168 Features that makes you upgrade today!”, you will find it absolutely worthwhile to upgrade!
Here’s how to use it:
- Select a product group tab.
- Select one or more products from the Available Products list and use the > button to move it to the Selected Products list. To select all products, click the >> button. To remove the products from the selected Products list, select the products and click the < button. Use the << button to remove all the products from the Selected Products list.
- Select your current release (Current) and the release you plan to upgrade to (Target).
- Click the Generate Report button.
- Export and Print at the bottom.
Smart View is considered as a EPM product, so if you are searching for Smart View, please go ahead to EPM. However, when I tried it seems that it is not ready yet as the generated result has no data. Moreover, in OBIEE, it is quite strange that they have version 22.214.171.124 which never existed. Weird!