OBIEE Integration with Salesforce.com
- Part 1 Setting Up SFDC
- Part 2 Setting Up ODBC Driver
- Part 3 Creating Your First Answers (Analysis) Report
- Part 4 Embed OBIEE to SFDC
From Part 3, you should have prepared everything from OBIEE side. There are 3 ways for us to embed OBIEE to Salesforce.com but 99% of the time, you would only use 2 of them hence I will teach the 2 different ways.
- Web Tabs – A basic tab in Salesforce.com which will embed the OBIEE
- VisualForce Page – A custom page within any Salesforce.com page.
O, but wait, there’s more to configure within OBIEE before we continue. For OBIEE to be displayed on Salesforce.com, there are 2 requirements from Salesforce.com
- SSL Enabled – In OBIEE, enable SSL through Weblogic but I will not go through this. There are many resources in the web which will walk you through this. Some reference sites: OBIEE SSL Oracle Documentation, Another Oracle OBIEE SSL Documentation, Debashis Blog Post. Yeah, I hope Debashis would update to a newer version too.
- Enable iFrame in OBIEE – which is quite simple and I will go through this here.
I would also suggest you to enable HTML5 if you are on 22.214.171.124 and if you are still on 126.96.36.199 then turn on PNG instead of Flash charts, for more information on how to do this, click here.