The latest version of OBIEE 12c is now available. 184.108.40.206 is available by either inplace upgrade or a fresh new install. I always prefer fresh install and migrating. You can download this at Oracle and notice the installer updated on June 21, 2016. A kind reminder to upgrade your JDK and client tools as well!
- OBIEE 220.127.116.11 Documentation
- BI Publisher 18.104.22.168 New Features
- OBIEE 22.214.171.124 Release Notes
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 Upgrade Guide
- 184.108.40.206 Certification Matrix
- Oracle Support 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 Detailed Step by Step Upgrade Guide
New Data Sources:
ODBC DataDirect 7.1.5 introduced and contains Amazon Redshift, Oracle Service Cloud, and Teradata. I’m pretty sure there’s more to come due to the fact that the support matrix says Apache Spark SQL, Google BigQuery, MongoDB, PostgreSQL are supported. Interestingly, under OBIEE Apps & other Datasources we see Saleforce (Spring 16+ version), Amazon Redshift (1.0.1036+), Impala 1.3+ as well. Great stuff!
BI Publisher New Features:
- Integration using RESTful APIs
- Delivering documents to Oracle Document Cloud Service
- Using Web Center Content as a Data Source
- Attach PDF to your Invoices
- Deliver E-mail Body in HTML format along with Report as attachment
- Manage Custom Fonts as self service feature
- Manage PGP Keys for FTP Delivery Encryption
- Manage large size reports better. Using Dynamic Memory Guard
- Enabling Encryption for File Data Security on Cloud
Oracle Data Visualization and Desktop Data Visualization New Features:
- Using Oracle Applications as source (existing Analysis seems to be the common case).
- Using direct databases link as source
- Size of data files to upload to 50MB
- Modify uploaded data sources – including editing columns, and creating new ones for use in projects
- Use new and enhanced visualization types – Visualize data using donut charts and see data series trends using a trend line. You can also link to URLs and insights in tiles, images, and text boxes, and use Chrome for Windows or Android to dictate descriptions.
- Customize your color schemes
- Move filter panels in projects
- Data wrangling — update data sources after upload
- Share reports with others on a read-only basis
- New ways to present data visualizations: Donut charts, Tile views, Free Text boxes
Analysis and Dashboard New Features:
- Ability to sort graph, heat matrix, pivot table, table, treemap, and trellis views by using a context menu (right-click).
- A new chart – heat matrix is now available! FINALLY!
- Adding data from an uploaded external source to an analysis! This is surprisingly simple and should be there in the first place. I personally won’t call this a new feature.
- Scale for % (x 100) component in the Column Properties dialog: Specify whether to multiply data by a 100 to display it as a percentage when setting the properties of a column.
- Style and customize KPI Watchlists and every watchlist that appears in a scorecard. You can set custom styles for each watchlist and rename and change the order and visibility of the watchlist columns.
- Advanced page properties to specify incoming navigation parameters you want to set on the current dashboard page. This enables you to control how parameters associated with the navigation actions are applied .